Saturday, June 5, 2021

June 5 – “Ice and adenoids”

I had another of those head-down, full-speed ahead kind of days yesterday.  I know.  Friday is supposed to be a “day off,” whatever that means.  But there are just some things upcoming that have to be covered. 

 

There is a sermon on Sunday.  That one is for sure on me.  There is also a church business proposal that I needed to put together.  The plan is to propose creating another staff position to be like an associate or co-pastor to help with Family Ministry and Discipleship.  Just need a team assigned to set out a job description.  They will also need to review compensation for our current ministry team, so that they can effectively recommend a salary for the new position.  Exciting times. 

 

Actually, most of the time I was poring through children’s camp stuff.  I got the parent information from Columbus Avenue Baptist Church, the group we are hooking up with to go to camp.  Everything looks much the same as it did two years ago when we last went to camp.  Now it’s just a matter of getting all the logistics done.

 

Chris made pork chops in the air fryer.  That’s some good stuff.

 

We chatted with Brennan and Janell for a while.  They are heading out on their big Las Vegas to Colorado vacation.  Brennan brought us some cherry tomatoes that grew on their vine.  Thanks for sharing.

 

Speaking of thanks … I had another weird dream last night.  I was in a large group with a lot of random people who appeared to be homeless.  I was just about to lead in prayer when one of the guys shared that he was very thankful to God that he found a place to sleep behind a shed over by the baseball fields.  Then another guy actually started praying his prayer was certainly one to be remembered.  He said, very simple, “Thank you, God, for ice and adenoids.”  That was it.  I hope I can remember that one.  A prayer to cover it all.  Ice and adenoids.

 

Matthew 6:34 says, “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

 

Father, thank you for ice and adenoids.  All of it.  Amen.

No comments: