Thursday, April 8, 2021

April 8 – “It wasn’t me”

Amid my prep for the Home Group Bible study that is tonight, I finally located that elusive youth pastor hat that I was searching for the other day.  While I had it on, I worked on all the different printouts and information sheets for children’s camp.  Even connected again with the folks at Columbus Avenue to get a copy of their church medical release form.  I downloaded the one from the camp itself off their website.  I’m still deciding if we should have a separate one for the Seaside kids to cover the time between here and Waco.  Whew.  Three different release forms for parents to fill out.  Classic adulting example of “It wasn’t me!”

 

I have to add one quick note about Corey and Janell’s house painting job.  Looks great, by the way.  But I failed to mention that their front door is now dark blue.  There is no doubt a technical name for the actual color, but “dark blue” is as close as my keenly developed color detection skills can get.  Really pops with the pale green and white.

 

In response to queries … yes, we are working on a jigsaw puzzle.  It’s the tiny one with a thousand pieces.  I guess it is beginning to take shape.  And I haven’t even used the magnifying glass yet.  I am getting close to the point where it will be a matter of matching shapes rather than colors and images.  That’s progress, right?

 

Oh, and we finished our last Netflix binge of “The 4400.”  Looking for something new now.  Yesterday we had “Young Sheldon” on while Chris quilted and I was doing jigsaw puzzle.  It has its funny moments, but it’s definitely not one that inspires binging.  All ideas are welcome at this point. 

 

We did watch the new director’s cut version of “Justice League” that was offered on HBO Max (We got that for free when we got Chris’ new phone).  We have the DVD of the theater version, so we didn’t know what to expect from this one.  One thing we didn’t anticipate was the length.  It is over four hours long.  Took us several days to finish.  One the positive side, though, it did take the time to explain the why’s and wherefore’s of many of the events in the theater cut that seemed just weird and disjointed.  It still helps to be a bit of a DC nerd, though. 

 

1 Peter 4:10 says, “Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.”

 

Father, please be with the folks that you draw to home group tonight and every week.  Bless them for their faithfulness.  Amen.

No comments: