Wednesday, April 7, 2021

April 7 – “Some day”

Yesterday was kind of wild and crazy in the work department.  I had to pick up the slack from what I usually get done on Monday.  Normally that would be fine, but we had a meeting in the morning, so that took about two hours of work time off my schedule.  It was a good meeting, though.  Our financial advisor went over some stuff related to stocks and mutual funds.  Honestly … not much that I care about one way or the other, but I do want to retire … some day.

 

I arranged to rent a fifteen passenger van to take us to children’s camp this summer.  Guess that makes it real, doesn’t it?  We are hooking up with Josh’s church again, so at least we will be familiar with the baseline processes.  I haven’t seen what if any Covid protocols the camp may have in place, though.  Now I need to start developing the flyers and info sheets and signup sheets and all that extra stuff.  Let me go find my youth pastor hat.  I know I left it around here somewhere …

 

We had some neighborhood excitement.  Have you ever heard the expression, “Watch the paint dry”?  That was it.  See, we live in a quiet neighborhood.  And our neighbors across the street were having their house painted.  Pale green and bright white.  Very pretty.  So we literally got to watch the paint dry.  WooHoo.  Fun, fun afternoon.

 

I missed the Astros game.  My schedule that I dutifully printed off their website said the game started at 8 p.m. in Los Angeles.  In reality it began at three.  I have a hunch television schedules may have taken precedence.  They usually do.  At least the good guys won this one on Correa’s home run in the ninth inning.  Not a bad road trip to start off the season.  5-1. 

 

Colossians 4:6 says, “Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.”

 

Father, help us as we move into planning mode for camp this summer.  Provide the funds to pay for transportation and counselor fees and whatever scholarships will be needed.  Amen.

No comments: