Friday, April 16, 2021

April 16 – “Wills and baseball”

We accomplished a few things around the house yesterday.  Well, that was after we took Cailyn to school.  Mom and Dad both had to be at work early, and their Plan B neighbors are all down with a Covid isolation.  We are next in line. 

 

Back at the house I downloaded a template for creating a will.  Our old wills are fine, but there are a few things that need to be updated.  It was generated back in 1987, so there have been a few changes in our lives since then.  It does mention all three boys.  However, the context of said mention comes in reference to who we want to raise them should we both die.  Our original choices are no longer alive.  In the meantime, the boys will just have to make do on their own unless we can find someone willing to raise them to maturity.  Of course, they range in age now from 44 to 36.  Might be a tough row to hoe.  No, I suppose since they are all three over eighteen now, that particular designation becomes irrelevant.  Anyway, it was kind of fun to play with the document.  We’ll get around to making an appointment with a lawyer soon. 

 

We put some new pictures in one of Chris frames.  Family pictures of each son’s family as well as one of all of us together.  It now graces the wall of shame in the hallway.  Check it out next time you visit.

 

I purchased a ticket for the Ball High baseball game tonight.  They are still doing Covid protocol stuff, so you can’t get a ticket at the gate.  In conjunction with the game, they are having a reunion of the 1971 baseball team.  That’s the year I graduated.  I didn’t play on that team, but I did have a connection to it.  Not enough of one to earn a letter jacket or anything, though.  I was the team statistician.  I kept the books at games, figured batting averages, ERA’s, and the like.  They won a fair share of games, so they proved they were a really good team.  Basically, I was the one who was responsible for proving to the world that they were actually pretty decently skilled individual players as well.  I guess that put me way ahead of my time as far as usefulness goes.  Anyway, it will be good to see some of the guys I grew up with again.  Now if the rain will hold off …

 

Isaiah 25:1 says, “Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done wonderful things, things planned long ago.”

 

Father, would you be with the folks from Seaside who are having some physical issues right now?  Wolfgang and his back pain and Amber and her surgery recovery, to mention a few.  Amen.

No comments: