Saturday, April 10, 2021

April 10 – “People fix”

Here’s to another boring day around the Vaughan household.

 

I walked my three miles.  Chris went to rehab and physical therapy.  She had hoped to be done with PT, but after the assessment, it became painfully obvious (literally … painfully) that she needed a few more sessions.  Looks like she’ll finish out what she has ordered, take a break for about a month, then re-evaluate from there. 

 

I officially started working ahead on some church stuff.  I have to get some things done before we leave for vacation in May.  Gotta have a clean slate before we take off. 

 

We stopped by the bank.  I actually went inside, too.  That’s become a rare occurrence since the plague hit.  I’ve been doing all our banking online, but I had to un-dormant-ize one of our accounts because we haven’t visited it in a year.  Interesting rule.  Still our money.  Still in the account.  I just have to pay it a visit at least once a year or it goes dormant.  And the only way to wake it back up is pay it a visit … in person … and sign some paperwork.  I really miss the social interaction, though.  It was great to get a “people fix.” 

 

After the bank we ran all our errands.  Randall’s was first on the list.  Kind of felt weird to go there and not be picking up a prescription.  We needed the dog food that only they sell.  Also needed some stamps, and their customer service counter is way easier to navigate than WalMart’s.

 

We did have to go to WalMart, though.  Bananas and grapes and juice for me and Cheerios and apples for Chris.  Ain’t we healthy?  Well, I may or may not have snuck in some caramel dip to elevate the flavor of those apples.  Hey.  Now we can enjoy a snack together.  A healthy-ish snack.

 

Proverbs 29:25 says, “Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe.”

 

Father, thank you for my people fix.  I really don’t like wearing these masks all the time.  I miss seeing smiles and grins and nuances of expression.  I miss seeing … people.  Amen.

No comments: