Wednesday, April 14, 2021

April 14 – “Ferrying Folks”

We opened up the Vaughan Taxi Service again yesterday.  Or maybe it was more like an Uber service, although I have no idea how those work. 

 

First, we had to pick Kel up from the auto mechanic shop.  He was leaving his car there for some work to be done.  From there we took him to work at the postoffice.  Run one down.

 

Next I suppose you could say I made the hire.  Chris drove me to my hearing aid appointment.  Nothing was wrong, it was just the check-up appointment to see if I really wanted to keep them.  That’s a big yeppers.  They are way better than my last pair.  Plus they do a lot more fun stuff, so it’s like having a toy in my head everywhere I go.  It was kind of eerie when they hooked them up to their computer program.  They could tell which settings I had been using most and which ones I had tried out or played with.  Now they are all tweaked and reading for the ultimate testing extravaganza – our vacation and then descent upon our house of all ten grandkids.  I’m supposed to go back in after that and let them check me out again. 

 

After a brief interlude to finish up some computer work (and more quilt work for Chris), we started out for phase three of the big taxi day.  This one was a bit more tricky.  Chris left first to take April up into Texas to get her car out of the shop.  I suppose all went well with them.  I left a little while later in my truck to pick up Kel at the post office and return him to the mechanic to get his car.  They had some major work done – brakes and oil change – as well as a new inspection.  All seemed well on that front. 

 

Chris was home before I finished my run.  We finished in plenty of time to catch the Astros game on TV.  Sadly, they are in the middle of a losing streak.  I think maybe they are just letting the Tigers win as a gift to A.J. Hinch for his term as manager in Houston …

 

Matthew 25:31 says, “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne.”

 

Father, thank you for riding with us on our fun little jaunts at ferrying folks to and fro.  Amen.

No comments: