Tuesday, April 6, 2021

April 6 – “Pretty much as usual”

We started out our Monday pretty much as usual.  Chris went to cardiac rehab and then to physical therapy.  That’ll be her Monday-Wednesday-Friday until the end of April.  I walked the neighborhood, but I only made it two miles.  I was beginning to feel kind of weird, so I stopped there.  I felt fine after downing a bottle of water, though.  Guess I’ll have to remember to take one with me from here on out.  Especially as it is getting hotter around here. 

 

I hit my computer work as hard as usual, but I couldn’t follow through on that, either.  I was just tired.  Easter Sunday took a lot out of me physically.  I know Sunday night I was asleep when my head hit the pillow, and I didn’t move until the next morning at 5:30. 

 

Chris made a trek to Texas to the quilt shop.  She’s ready to get started on the next youngster in line.  I struggled through some work, but ended up dozing on the couch.

 

Last night we decided to make a quick trip over to Nathan and April and Cailyn’s house.  We thought she had forgotten her bag of Easter candy from when the family was all over on Friday.  Wasn’t hers, though, so at least now we know which household it came from.  Must belong in LaMarque.  We chatted with them for a while.  Nathan got a new-fangled grill.  It is electric and is even connected wirelessly to his phone.  Plug it in, operate from your phone in the confines of your living room while watching the game.  Wow.  Talk about a lazy man’s game.  Love it. 

 

Back home we settled in to watch the Baylor vs. Gonzaga basketball championship finals.  Baylor absolutely dominated them the entire game from the very start.  It was 9-0 before Gonzaga even scored a free throw.  Then it was 11-1.  At one point Baylor pulled ahead by 19 points.  Gonzaga clawed back, but it was too little, too late.  Nice job Baylor. 

 

We also switched back and forth to the Astros game.  They were playing late in Los Angeles.  They started strong, but I couldn’t last past the fourth inning this time.  Guess I jinxed them.  They ended up losing to Mike Trout and his gang.  Oh, well.  They have 157 more games to go.

 

1 Peter 3:15 says, “But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord.  Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have.  But do this with gentleness and respect.”

 

Father, thank you for Chris’ dedication to quilting.  It has really seemed to touch some people when they receive one of her creations.  Amen. 

No comments: