Friday, February 7, 2020

February 7 – “Instant winner?”


Well, the alphabet flu bug has struck again.  This time it’s Cailyn.  She had the flu B strain back in December.  Now she has managed to locate the A version and add it to her repertoire.  She says she doesn’t really feel particularly sick, though.  It’ll be tough on her, though.  She has to miss school today.

We have run across a seemingly insurmountable issue when trying to move the pictures Chris took with her phone over to the computer.  The computer can’t find them.  Best we can tell, Chris has no more room on her phone, so all the pictures are being sent to the cloud.  But I can’t figure out how to get them from the cloud to the computer.  When we hook up the cable it just doesn’t see them.  So far the best idea we have come up with is for her to email me the pictures and I save them to the computer from there.  Biggest problem there comes in trying to get the videos she shot. The files are too big.  Any help?

Chris is still recuperating nicely.  She took another long nap yesterday.  And I stayed on my couch perch again last night.  I think Freddy knew I was in there.  She took longer than normal to settle down, and then she was awake at 5:30 this morning, whining.  Maybe she was just getting cold or something.  If she’s cold, I know Chris is, too, so I got up and cranked the heater up some.  Hey, somebody’s gotta be the knight in shining armor, right?

I went to Randall’s to pick up a prescription.  New girl in the pharmacy waited on me.  I told her my name.  “Is that spelled V-O-N?” 
“No,” I replied, “it just sounds like that.”  I spelled it correctly. 
She repeated as she typed, “V-A-U-N…” 
“Nope.  Wait.  Stop there.”  I spelled it correctly.  Twice.  I love having a unique name.
She finally found it and got me all rung up.  Then she handed me some little game pieces and said, “We have this new game called Monopoly that we’re doing.” 
“I smiled and asked, “Is it anything like the old game called Monopoly?”  The store does this marketing game at least once a year.
She stumbled a bit and then reassured me, It’s pretty much the same, I guess.”  I’m not sure she has ever played the board game, much less the marketing version.  Ah, well.  At least I got my medicine.  And maybe I’ll have an instant winner …

1 Kings 18:37 says, “Answer me, Lord, answer me, so these people will know that you, Lord, are God, and that you are turning their hearts back again.”

Father, please add Cailyn back onto your healing list again.  Amen.

No comments: