Tuesday, February 25, 2020

February 25 – “offendability”


Monday again.  Seems like that happens at least once a week …

And Monday mean the biggest work day for me, so I dove right in.  Mostly computer stuff, getting everything filed from Sunday and doing all the preliminaries for Thursday Bible study and the next Sunday’s sermon and worship service.  Chris was just as busy.  She seems to be in the home stretch of the quilt she’s working on, so she is really focused right now.  Of course I have no idea how far she is from actually finishing the thing, but it sure looks good to me. 

After lunch I started reading a book.  Not a novel this time … those are for car rides and cruises.  This one was written by some guy who really agrees with me on a lot of things.  As often happens, I wish I had read his book many years ago when I started formulating my own understanding of the subject matter.  But he didn’t write it until 2015.  Maybe I should have written it first.  Oh well.  The subject matter is great.  All about choosing to be unoffendable.  I never used that particular made-up word, but I have sure been teaching the same concept for years.  Yep.  You can choose not to be offended.  That one is all on you.  It’s a life-changing concept.  Want to read the book?  I got it for around ten bucks on Amazon.  It’s called Unoffendable: How One Change Can Make All of Life Better.  Check it out …

By the way, here’s another TV show for you to check out.  Have you seen the one called Home Town?  It’s a DIY/HGTV type of thing.  A couple in Laurel, Mississippi, is going around renovating houses in the town and filming their progress.  A veritable Chip and Joanna in the Waco of Mississippi.  They are incredibly “Old South” in speech and “Small Town” in their way of doing things, so don’t be offended by that.  Never heard so many “y’alls” in one show, even from the Gaines’.  Nothing earth-shattering about it, by any means.  But it will provide you with a nice alternative to Girl Scout Cookie Championships …

Colossians 3:2 says, “Set your mind on things above, not on earthly things.”

Father, thank you for the ever-present reminder to watch my own “offendability.”  Amen.


No comments: