Monday, February 24, 2020

February 24 – “all with …”


It was a good day at church.  Not a huge crowd or anything, but a good group nonetheless.  I was feeling kind of out of it, though.  Just having a hard time concentrating.  It didn’t help that the visual verse had some of the strangest grammar ever.  I suppose we got through it OK …

After church we went to lunch at Salsa’s with a few church folks.  That was a stretch.  It is Mardi Gras weekend, so I was kind of worried there would be huge crowds at the popular spot.  Needn’t have worried.  The big crowds were back downtown at one of the parades that was setting up to happen midafternoon.  We didn’t have any wait time at all for a table.  Service was fine, except I ended up getting Chris’ meal and she got mine.  They weren’t that different, though.  Besides, we each brought home half of the meal, so we are set for lunch today, I guess. 

Back home we did our Sunday afternoon crash on the couch routine for a little while.  Well, I crashed.  Not sure what Chris did.  I think she was reading a book.  When we woke up we settled in for a look at the taped series finale of Criminal Minds.  Not many surprises there.  Basically, take care of the bad guy and they all lived happily ever after.  Kind of like the book I finished up last night.  Strange ending, but essentially the same. Bad guys dealt with and good guys live happily ever after.  I even figured out who the mystery bad guy was long before he was revealed in the book.  Gotta love the world of novels and television. 

Psalms 100:2 says, “Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.”

Father, thank you for a chance to worship you, share a meal, and get some rest, all with folks I really care about.  Hmm.  “All with ...”  Has a nice ring to it.  Amen. 

No comments: