Friday, February 14, 2020

February 14 – “coronavirus in Galveston …”


I suppose it was inevitable.  The Galveston Daily News reported this morning that we officially have the coronavirus in Galveston.  Sigh. 

OK.  OK.  That was a bit melodramatic.  The University of Texas Medical Branch here has one of the world’s best research facilities for viruses here in town.  They received their “copy” of the bug and have started work on it to try to develop a vaccine or something that will work against it and its spread.  Just keep it contained, Fellas … please.

I met Kel and Jachin at the AT&T store again yesterday.  The phone Jachin bought online had a flickering screen, so he’s sending it back.  In the meantime he’ll be using one of Chris’ old phones.  For some reason he didn’t want to use her old case, though.  I can’t understand why.  It was a very pretty shade of glittery pink …

We had to remember her old password to get in, and then it asked for her Apple ID password.  That was one I didn’t know offhand.  That’s why I write them down … old school.  Besides, Kel was the one who made it up for her anyway.  And that bit of trivia (the fact that he made it up) made it possible for Kel to actually break the code using some of his best techniques for creating passwords in the first place.  In other words, he figured it out by thinking like – well, like himself.  Jachin should be all set with his temporary new old phone now.

We stopped by Randall’s to pick up Chris’ prescriptions for her newly discovered back issues.  The girl that waited on us was the same one I had last week.  I told her the last name.  She replied, “V-O-N?”  I desperately wanted to have a duplicate conversation of the one we had the week before, but all that came out was a suppressed chuckle.  I did manage to begin, “No.  V-A-U-G-H-A-N.”  Before I finished she experienced the apparent dejavu moment.  It caused her to look up from the computer and apparently recognize me.  She apologized profusely, of course.  I just grinned. 

1 Corinthians 13:4 says, “Love is patient, love is kind.  It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.”

Father, watch over the researchers who will be working on that virus.  Give them some wisdom as they work to find a way to combat it.  Amen.

No comments: