Saturday, October 8, 2016

October 8 – “Beast … yet again”

Something happened yesterday that I am still having a hard time believing.  Chris and I were just settling in for our “day off” when a text came through on my phone.  It was from our retreat center scheduler.  She had just received a phone call from the homeschool music co-op group that uses the building on Fridays.  Seems when they arrived there was … wait for it … yep.  You guessed it.  Water all over the floor.  They had turned off the water in the kitchen, and one of them was going to get a wet vac from home. 

A water leak.  Again.  Third time.  Chris and I quickly grabbed up our little wet vac and headed out to offer our assistance and, more importantly, to call into service once again … The Beast.  And good ol’ Beast was once again ready for action.  I rolled him into the kitchen and started from the worst, wettest spot so I could work outward.  Then it occurred to me that I really didn’t have a handle on where the leak was coming from, so I put the Beast on hold and took a look behind the refrigerators.  The freezer compartment that was the sight of leak #1 was dry.  All OK there.  I moved the fridges away from the wall and checked the connection that Bob fixed last week.  I was perplexed, but I had to see if I could find the source.  So with great fear and trembling I turned the water back on.  And sure enough, there, in an entirely different place than either of the previous leaks, was the offending flow of water.  About two inches from a T- connector farther back up the line.  I hurried to turn the water off again.  At least I had something to show Bob now.  Oh, and by the way, Bob did have one comment about the situation.  “Please cast the demon out of that system.”  Excellent idea, Bob.

It took Chris and I and one of the Mom’s from the homeschool group about an hour to get the water up this time.  Beast was awesome as usual.  Our little guy did a passable job, and the middle-sized, Momma Bear, did pretty well, too.  We left the fans going again, and the group was going to keep an eye on it for us.  That officially makes three times in two weeks.  I think we have reached our leak limit. 

2 Corinthians 9:6-7 says, “Now this I say, he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.  Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.”


Father, thank you for the watchful eyes of the homeschool group.  Amen.

No comments: