Wednesday, October 26, 2016

October 26 – “Family Business”

Kel and I went over to the AT&T store yesterday.  We are combining our family’s phones into one big account to save some money.  And because his phone was tied to the church that laid him off.  We are already doing this with Nathan, so it was a pretty easy fix.  The only difficulty came in getting the transfer information needed from the church.  They couldn’t find the tax exempt number to verify the account.  It was quite comical, actually.  Kel told the person to call him back when she found it.  Meanwhile he simply went to the IRS website and found it himself.  We were almost finished when the return call came.  And she hadn’t actually found the correct number, but a different state version.  It all worked out in the end, though.  They were able to use the phones they already had, so their part of the bill will only be the service.  Makes me feel like we are running a family business with 6 or 7 phone lines.  On the way home we picked up a few of those $5 pizzas from Little Caesar’s.  All the kids had gone to the library, so they were plenty hungry when they got back to pick up Daddy.

Last night I drove up to the church to check on the group staying in the retreat center.  They are a group of fire fighters doing some water rescue training out at San Luis Pass.  I got there around 6, but no one was there.  I saw their daily schedule on the wall, though.  They have classes until almost nine.  Then some of them stand watch over their equipment on the beach throughout the night.  I left my business card on the table, so maybe someone will see it.  Or if they haven’t left yet, maybe I’ll catch someone this morning.  We moved staff meeting to 8:30 so Jim could get ready to do an air duct cleaning job and I could go to the elementary school and help Trish with a fire safety training day.  In fact, it’s almost time for me to leave, so I’ll cut this short today.

Galatians 5:6 says, “For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.”


Father, thank you for my family.  Help Kel find a job soon where he can be really happy.  Amen.

No comments: