Friday, October 21, 2016

October 21 – “Back on the Road Again”

And here we go, back on the road again.  No, I’m not practicing a song that I learned in ukulele class.  We really are getting ready to leave for a trek into Texas.  And we are taking Cailyn with us.  This time we are headed back up to Waco for Luke’s birthday party.  Number three.  This one promises to be exciting.  It’s being held at a park near their house where the playground apparatus looks like a big fire engine. So the theme for the party?  Of course.  Fire fighters.  I’m not sure what kind of creative genius Christi has applied to this one, but I’m sure it will be worth photographic documentation.  And of course Chris will have that covered.  I look forward to some good sound bites as well (Is that how you would spell “bites”?  Maybe “bytes”?  I’ll have to look that one up.  I have a four hour car ride ahead of me.  I think I may have time).  Kind of like this tidbit from when Cailyn spent the night with us:

Cailyn (with no apparent motivating factor): “You have a mansion, DadDad.  Your house is so big.”
Me (Responding to the rather off-the-wall, out-of-left-field comment): “Wait a minute.  Isn’t your house bigger?”
Cailyn (In that endearingly condescending way of a child patiently teaching the older, obviously challenged adult): “Well, that’s OK, DadDad.  Y’alls is wider.  Ours is just taller.”

And there you have your lesson of the day in architecture from a seven year old. 

Galatians 3:23-24 says, “Before this faith came, we were held prisoners by the law, locked up until faith should be revealed.  So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith.”


Father, thank you for road trips and seven-year-old wisdom.  You do some of your best teaching through them.  Help me keep my ears open for some more.  Amen.

No comments: