Tuesday, August 30, 2016

August 30 – “The Word Guy”

Nothing but a few errands were on the docket for yesterday.  Randall’s Pharmacy called to let me know a prescription was ready.  I had completely forgotten that I had called it in.  I guess that’s a good thing, right?  I must not have needed it that badly.  We also grabbed some stamps at the customer service desk there.  Well, we paid for them before we grabbed them, so it wasn’t really “grabbing.” 

From there we swung into WalMart.  Is that right?  “Swung”?  Or would it be “swang”?  That second one had one of those squiggly red lines appear under it.  Doesn’t that mean that whoever created Microsoft Word – The Word Guy - votes for “swung”?  I’m going with the first one. 

We followed my agenda first.  Not that I always have one, but Chris always waits to see which direction I turn with the cart.  If I have no agenda, I stop at the crossroads and let her go first.  Great non-verbal communication technique, don’t you think?  Well, this time I wanted to see if they had any horseshoes.  I’ve been keeping my eyes pealed (Wait.  There’s another one.  “Pealed” or “peeled”?  This one got a blue squiggly line.  That means they are both real words, but the all-knowing Word Guy isn’t sure which one you mean to use.  Well, Word Guy, I don’t know which one to use, either.  Maybe one of our English masters will let us know) for a replacement set of horseshoes.  My old set still has the shoes, but the iron stakes have gone missing.  No luck at WalMart, though.  I think that’s an Academy purchase.  East of 61st Street.  Sigh. 

They did have a movie for us to watch (The prequel to Snow White and the Huntsman), and of course milk and cookies for home group and Cheetos.  And Chris found a new journal for taking notes on sermons and Bible studies.  She has a unique style that she has used for many years.  Opening her journal from the front reveals dated note-taking.  But if you open the same book from the back you will find her dated prayer lists.  When they meet in the middle, it’s time for a new book.  She also got a new, bigger notebook for her quilting scrapbook.  She keeps a sample of all the material she uses as well as photos of the quilt and of the person she made the quilt for.  Quite the fascinating little history of her accomplishments.  I must say, I’m proud of her.  Talented lady.

1 Corinthians 13:2 says, “If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.”


Father, thank you for words.  They can sure be fun.  And thank you for that talented lady you gave to me.  Amen.

No comments: