Thursday, August 25, 2016

August 25 – “One more day”

Well, guess what Chris made me do yesterday morning?  Walk.  Not just to the fridge and back to the couch.  Not even from my desk to the dining room table.  Nope.  We walked for two miles around the neighborhood.  Took us around 37 minutes.  I don’t think the Olympic record was in any danger from our efforts.  Eighteen and a half minute miles.  I’m not sure. But I think that’s just under the world record … for a 5K.  Sigh.  I guess she heard that neurosurgeon the other day.

Sad news.  Chris checked online and there is a contract pending on 40 Steps.  That’s the vacant lot next door that suddenly grew a real estate sign on it.  Chris is devastated.  She really wanted to buy it.  I did, too, but it was just not the right time for us to pull the trigger.  All we can hope for now is that either the contract won’t go through or that the new owners don’t try to build a house on stilts next door.  It’s our understanding that any house built there would have to be raised at least five feet.  That would put it over the last highest water level after the flood of Hurricane Ike.  One house in the entire neighborhood on stilts would sure look silly.  Oh, well. 

And today is water exercise day.  No extra-curricular walking.  Just leaping and twisting and kickboxing and rocking and punching and treading and … whew.  I’m tired already …

1 Corinthians 11:23-26 says, “For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, ‘This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.’  In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, ‘This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.’  For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes.”


Father, thank you for one more day.  I appreciate it.  Amen.

No comments: