Friday, August 12, 2016

August 12 – “Extra”

We taped the Olympics last night.  We haven’t seen a single round of gymnastics this year in any shape, form or fashion, so we DVR’d last night.  Why didn’t we just watch it?  Well, a few of those in our home group Bible study really wanted to do just that, but it would have defeated our purpose just a bit.  So we taped it.  Interesting how I keep defaulting back to “taped it” isn’t it?  How long has it been since you actually “taped” anything?  It just seems like such a weird word to use DVR as a verb.  So … we taped it.  Of course we also taped the Astros game.  Guess which one I watched after everyone went home?  Clue number one here … “I watched.”  Yup.  Astros won out.  But that was just because the Olympics were going to last so much longer.  Right.

Well, of course this morning I fell right into my usual routine of Quiet Time, eating a bowl of fruit, and reading the paper.  Oops.  I forgot about spoiler alerts.  But I read on.  Of course now that means I have to keep the results away from Chris so she can enjoy the competition this morning.  Wonder how that’s going to go?  I can say the Astros exploded with double digit runs for the second game in a row.  And the two games were a double header against the Twins.  If they can remember how to do that for the rest of the season they might just make the playoffs. 

Speaking of taped, I heard that some services are offering the possibility of taping up to 32 or more shows in one day.  I would be happy with taping two while you watch another different one.  That’s the only issue that has ever come up in our sequestered little television world.  Oh, I know that one is already available, and no doubt available through our provider.  Of course to get that service you have to pay extra.  Always extra.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 says, “Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.”


Father, thank you thank we don’t need any extra with you.  You are enough.  Amen.

No comments: