Thursday, August 11, 2016

August 11 – “Sauce Ball”

Well, I have gone through my first few days without taking Xeljanz.  I ran out, but my old rheumatologist (whose office has my chart and all the information about arranging for the medication to be free from the company, as they also have for Celebrex, so this issue is not going to go away anytime soon) is no longer in network.  I can still go see him, but everything is out of pocket until I reach my deductible, at which point the insurance will cover 50%.  What’s my deductible, you may ask?  According to their front office, that would be $14,500.  What? 

So, I am doing without until I can see my PCP.  Appointments with her are difficult enough to get, but I have one for September 1st.  I also have an appointment with a rheumatologist who is in network, but that’s not until September 2nd.  And for some strange reason they are insisting that I see a neurosurgeon as well.  That’s not until the  end of August sometime.  Thus far I have been a little sore after water exercise each day, and the soreness has stayed with me all day, but that isn’t unusual.  Otherwise I have been feeling really good.  I guess we’ll just see how this goes. 

On a lighter note, Kel and Christina took their brood to the park the other day to play some family baseball.  The boys can’t wait until next season to get here.  They asked Noa what she thought about the whole thing.  Does she want to play baseball?  She could get on a t-ball team.  Her answer?  “Oh, no.  Baseball is for boys.  I want to play sauce ball.”  Thatagirl.  Hold out to play some sauce ball just like Cousin Cailyn.

1 Corinthians 3:21-23 says, “So then, no more boasting about men! All things are yours, whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas or the world or life or death or the present or the future — all are yours, and you are of Christ, and Christ is of God.”


Father, thank you that we even have a doctor to connect with.  And thank you for sauce ball - that sport apparently delightedly designed just for little girls.  Amen.

No comments: