Wednesday, April 24, 2013

April 24 – “About birds: A Cailyn original composition”

I promised Cailyn I would run a few of her stories in my blog.  Well, put on your creativity cap.  Here they are. 

Once upon a time a little bird went inside our downstairs and we loved her and we thought her mommy wanted her there and she wanted to see her mommy.  And once upon a time there was another bird and he flew off.  And once upon a time another bird came and said, “What are you doing here, Cailyn?” 
I said, “Just hanging out looking at your baby bird and I love the baby bird and I love you and I miss you.”
And he said, “I love you so much I love you so much a lot.”
He flew away.  And the baby bird had some coffee and marshmallows and he ate food and flowers and read a book and got on his hat and went mowing in the front yard.  Oh, and he put on hearing aids and earrings.

OK.  That was story number one, presented just as it was dictated to me by the master storyteller.  Of course you don’t have the advantage I did of hearing all the pauses and changes of voice to stay in character, or the giggling at the sheer delight of creating her very own story.  Here’s the other one she came up with.

Once upon a time there was a mommy named Nani.  She was playing on her computer and she found a feather and she didn’t know where it came from.  She thought it was from a baby bird so she typed it up in her phone and found it was from a baby bird and she said, “Oh, it’s from a baby bird.”
Once upon a time she went to sleep with her baby bird and she woke up and couldn’t find it.  So we had to go, “Tweet, tweet, tweet.  Mommy, I am crying.  Where are you?”  And the Momma bird sang a song,
“You hush, little baby, but you say what you want. 
What do you see baby bird, little baby bird? 
Hush, little baby, don’t say a word,
Mommy’s gonna get you a baby bird. 
If the baby bird flies away,
Mommy’s gonna get you a little fly. 
That’s all my song.”

And that’s all for today.  Any comments on Cailyn’s psychological well-being or perhaps the quality of her upbringing? 

Psalms 86:15 says, “But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness.”

Father, keep on inspiring creativity in my grandkids.  The world needs it.  Amen.

No comments: