Friday, April 19, 2013

April 19 – “Safe”


Well, I made it to Fort Worth.  Actually, Arlington.  I don’t have to be in Fort Worth until the conference begins at 8, so I guess I have to leave here by 7:15 or so.  I didn’t have any real difficulties on the road yesterday.  It did start to rain in downtown Houston.  Never a good place to be in any weather.  The rain continued in varying degrees until almost Corsicana, so I got used to it.  I never did get used to the 75 mile per hour speed limit though.  Just felt too fast!  Besides, even when I got up to that speed, cars were still passing me.  Just a scary thought. 

I did have to come to almost a complete stop on the freeway at one point.  There was a five car pile-up.  Must have just happened, too, because there was only one police officer on the scene.  The traffic figured out how to get around it on our own, though, and I passed a fire truck and ambulance headed back that direction.  It didn’t look like anyone was badly hurt.  God be with them.

It was great to catch up with my friends up here last night.  Kay Lynn found just found out that she for sure has Meniere’s disease.  It’s a disorder of the inner ear that affects balance and can make her get really sick as a result.  She was just recovering from a bout with it, so she crashed out in her chair early.  Cary and I talked until around ten, but then it was my turn to crash, so I went on to bed. 

It took a while for Chris to text me back once I got settled in the bedroom.  She was helping Mom get ready for bed.  They had hosted home group in my absence and Bryan did the teaching.  It was his first time, but I know he did a fine job. 

Speaking of Bryan, it feel strange not being with Bryan and Jennifer this morning at her surgery.  She is having the stability halo removed from her ankle.  I did text them a prayer, so hopefully they will know I am with them in spirit. 

Now I have to try and figure out if Cary and KayLynn have an internet connection.  I forgot to ask before bed last night.  So on to breakfast and the seminar.

Psalms 86:9-10 says, “All the nations you have made will come and worship before you, O Lord; they will bring glory to your name.  For you are great and do marvelous deeds; you alone are God.”

Father, thank you for using Bryan last night.  Be with him and Jennifer today.  Thanks for the safe trip as well.  Amen.

No comments: