Tuesday, April 23, 2013

April 23 – “Baby Update”

I’ve been saving that title to use as an experiment.  In the past whenever my blog title had anything that could remotely be interpreted as referring to a baby in any shape form or fashion, the hits doubled or even tripled.  I was just curious if that would remain the case.  Then I wondered if those who were checking out the news really did read the article or if they were just scanning for some hot gossip. 

Well, in this particular case I find that I have the opportunity to have the best of both worlds.  I will certainly check my hits tomorrow when I post, but for today there is indeed some news.  Alas, it is not about Kel and Christina, although their baby is coming along quite nicely.  That sweet little girl should be arriving soon, and she will be a welcome addition to that family of boys.  Cailyn is excited to have another girl among the cousins, and she really wants to have one of those sister things of her own.  But the news is not about Nathan and April. 

Have you seen the tactics I am employing here?  For those who simply scan through looking for names to give them clues as to which family members might be the stars of the show here, I am giving a glimpse of every family member.  Kind of builds the intensity of the speculation, doesn’t it?  Who could it be?  Perhaps one of the many who have made their home with us over the years?  Maybe one of the church family?  Could it be us?  Sure, that’s it. Chris is pregnant.  No, she’s not.  But that would be one for the books, wouldn’t it?

Wait.  What’s that you say?  You haven’t heard about everyone?  No, you’re right.  I haven’t completed my checklist of family, my entourage of “relative” excitement.  For you see, there is indeed one other child that we brought into this world.  One other son and his beautiful wife who have made their mark with two sons of their own.  Could it be that Josh and Christi have made an announcement?  Well … yes.  They have.  Christi will have to add superlatives to the homeschool curriculum, because Zakary will be the biggEST brother.  Caleb will now have the chance to be a big brother in his own right (and a middle child, but we don’t need to go there just yet. I’ll pray for you Caleb).  With a due date of November 9th, Halloween has already taken on a whole new meaning for those two boys.  Another Vaughan.  Bring it on.

Genesis 21:6 says, “Sarah said, ‘God has brought me laughter, and everyone who hears about this will laugh with me.’”

Father, thank you for the joy of hearing that a new child is to be born.  But I guess you understand that feeling, what with Christmas and all.  Amen.

No comments: