Thursday, March 21, 2013

March 21 – “Rambling”


Ran out of our good coffee beans yesterday, so today was Starbucks Christmas Blend.  Sorry if it’s your favorite, but this stuff is pretty bad.  I have to put Randall’s on my list today to replenish some good ol’ Sumatra Blend beans.

I had Mom duty for a while again yesterday so Chris could go into Texas.  She wanted to go to Hobby Lobby to get some material and stuff for some sewing projects she has been working on.  We do have another grandchild on the way.  She’s not due until the end of April or the first of May, so Chris has time to make her something.  Actually I’m just practicing using “she” in a complete sentence.  Gotta remember this one’s scheduled to be a girl. 

We had a good visit from some Colorado friends the other day, Jessica and Brent.  I was Jessie’s basketball coach back in the day.  She grew up to become a basketball coach herself for a while.  Hope I didn’t ruin her too much in that regard.  I went up there (literally, “up” there) to officiate at their wedding as well.  Now they have three girls and a one boy.  Jess really liked looking at pictures of our grand-boys.  She was trolling for possible mates for the girls while she was here.  Brent had to keep reminding her that prearranged marriages were not the way it was done in this country. 

I saw a movie the other night at church at Family Fun Night.  It was called August Rush.  I have no idea when it first came out, and I didn’t remember ever seeing it before, but it was one of those that sure looked familiar as the scenes developed.  Can’t say I knew for sure what the ending would be exactly, but it was pretty predictable.  Very music-oriented, too, for all you fans out there. 

I got a call from my rheumatologist’s office.  Seems I was once again approved for the free medication program at Pfizer Pharmaceuticals.  Now I can get the Celebrex portion of my regimen for free straight from the company.  Problem is, they will only send the drugs to the doctor’s office.  That’s in Houston.  And that means I now have to take a trip clear into Texas to pick them up.  The office is over near the big medical center, so I have to be careful what time I get there to avoid traffic (as if that is even possible in Houston). 

Well, that means I better get to work compiling my Texas to-do list.  If I’m going that far, I need to do it all at once and avoid another trip.  Chris has already handed me some stuff to return to Hobby Lobby.  Wonder what we need at Lifeway?  And the new Sam’s opens today.  And …….

Psalms 73:23-24 says, “Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand.  You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory.”

Father, I sure could use a ride-along companion today.  Would you join me?  Amen.

No comments: