Monday, December 31, 2012

December 31 – “Learn from the master”


Great worship at church yesterday.  We had 58 people in attendance.  There were lots of visitors.  Some from Idaho, Oklahoma, Colorado and even as far away as Houston.  It was one of those days when the songs matched up perfectly with the teaching.  And when we worked on memorizing Romans 8:31 with a Visual Verse, our incredible Praise Team switched some things around and added a song based on that scripture.  We had a barrage of compliments about the service, so thanks to Jimmy and Jim and Cory for your leadership. 

Josh showed me how to get pictures and videos off my camera onto the computer.  I had forgotten that the charger was also a connection cable, and I could treat it like a thumb drive.  Kel showed me how to set up to upload pictures to the Dropbox application.  It started immediately, and over the course of a day and a half it loaded 300 or so photos to “the Cloud.”  It never did finish any of the videos, though.  That meant the original problem that led to all this was not resolved.  I was trying to figure out a way to get the portion of Kelly Boyer’s sermon that I was able to record posted on FaceBook (it was too long) or YouTube (I have no idea what’s wrong there.  Keeps telling me I’m entering the wrong email or password).  It is on my computer now, so maybe I’ll just make her a cd of it and see if she wants to figure it out. 

I have to add a quick grandchild anecdote.  Before Christmas Cailyn was working together with Chris to make a chicken pot pie for our neighbor who broke her kneecap.  As they mixed ingredients, Cailyn looked up at Chris and said, “Are you young, Nani?”

Ever the quick-thinking one, Chris replied, “What do you think?”

Not to be outdone in the quick-thinking department, Cailyn had an immediate answer.  It was tactful, sweet, loving, and above all, evasive.  She countered, “Well, you’re a lot of fun.” 

Learn from the three-year-old master.
 

Psalms 50:23 says, “He who sacrifices thank offerings honors me, and he prepares the way so that I may show him the salvation of God.”

Father, Thank you for all the folks you drew into worship yesterday.  Give them a safe New Year’s Eve.  Amen.

No comments: