Wednesday, December 5, 2012

December 5 – “Frosty and his stocking”


Whoa.  Not a very good night last night, but at least it was … long.  Looking for some silver lining there.  Mom spent most of the night coughing and groaning.  I dozed off around eleven, but woke up at 12:15 with a pretty sharp pain in my wrist.  Come to find out, I had forgotten to take my evening medications and old RA was having a field day as a result.  It took until around 4:15 for me to finally get back to sleep.  Back awake again as usual around 6, though.  And of course Chris was a trouper through it all.  She jumps up every time we hear Mom so she can check on her.  She did sleep some during the time I was awake, though.  Amazing lady.

Speaking of that amazing lady, she finally took some time to get her haircut yesterday.  It looks great.  Then she went to the bank to try to get some things done related to her Mom’s estate.  While she was gone, Mom decided to take a walk.  Not outside or anything.  She just wanted to walk around the Christmas tree.  Sounds like fun except for one thing.  It is set up in front of a window.  Right next to the window.  And the train is set up underneath, providing another obstacle.  In fact that’s what got my attention.  The train went down with a crash.  Maneuvering behind the tree proved impossible for her, so she adjusted the route of her stroll.  Instead she went over to the back door.  She decided to be as economical as possible with her steps.  Instead of following the usual track around the couches, she squeezed her way between a chair and the wall. She did make it, though, and she seemed to enjoy gazing out over the view of the back yard.  Tiring of that vista, she made a circle, around the couches this time, which led her to the fireplace.  And there Caleb’s Christmas stocking became her next obsession.  After a brief struggle trying to remove the sock from its snowman holder, she grabbed snowman and all and plopped down on the couch.  Worn out from her rigorous exercise regimen, she eased back with her new friend Frosty and his rather large toe warmer and took a nap. 

Psalms 43:3-4 says, “Send forth your light and your truth, let them guide me; let them bring me to your holy mountain, to the place where you dwell.  Then will I go to the altar of God, to God, my joy and my delight.  I will praise you with the harp, O God, my God.”

Father, looking back over this one, it’s sure evident I need some sleep.  Could you pay special attention over here today?  Thanks.  Amen.

No comments: