Sunday, August 26, 2012

August 26 – “Kudos to the American champs”


I went for a walk yesterday, early in the morning.  Since one of us has to be in the house pretty much all the time with Mom now, I’ve been going as soon as I get up, around 6 or 6:30.  Chris then goes later on.  I have been feeling pretty good lately, as far as the rheumatoid arthritis goes.  Kind of afraid to say that out loud, though.  It can change from one day to the next.  But on yesterday’s walk I even tried a few spurts of jogging.  It’s been a long time.  I held back enough energy to get the grass mowed when I got back home.  And just minutes after I came inside it started raining.  Guess that’s a good thing as far as the grass and plants are concerned.  Helps as well that we don’t have to water. 

We watched the American championship game of the Little League World Series.  The international championship game was just ending when I remembered to turn it on.  There was little doubt who would win that one.  Japan has been untouchable this year.  I think they have a lock on the world championship.  They are at least the huge favorite to win it all.  Especially after that American championship game.

Wow.  Tennessee was ahead 15 – 5 going into the bottom of the last inning.  California appeared to be on the ropes.  One of the Tennessee kids had already hit three 3-run home runs.  That’s 9 runs batted in.  New record.  But California was not to be denied so easily.  They scored ten runs to come back and tie the game.  Talk about exciting.  Both teams were low on pitching and it showed.  Tennessee came to bat first in the extra inning and proceeded to score seven more runs to go ahead 22 – 15.  Sadly, California had used up all its magic in the comeback to tie.  They couldn’t muster up any more runs and Tennessee took the American title.  Fun game to watch, but I don‘t think Tennessee stands a chance against Japan this afternoon.  Still, kudos to the American champs.
                 
Psalms 25:7 says, “Remember not the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways; according to your love remember me, for you are good, O Lord.”

Father, it’s Sunday again.  Started to call it “your day,” but every day is yours, isn’t it?  Thanks for one more.  Do something remarkable today.  Again.  Amen.

No comments: