Thursday, August 23, 2012

August 23 – “Looking for a nap”


Chris and I decided to do some serious cleaning yesterday.  At the church.  It’s been a long time since we did more than the cursory sweeping and damp mopping, so here was our shot at getting some things looking spiffy.  We did get the sweeping done, but we discovered there was no pine-o-pine or whatever that stuff is called to mop the floors with.  Add it to the list for a Sam’s run.  I did mop with just water to get up some of the coffee droppings around the room.  Chris spent a lot of time cleaning and straightening up in the kitchen before she moved to the bathrooms.  The Sam’s list grew.  I was also taking notes for the next all-church work day.  We really need to get the paneling in the nursery and bathroom area replaced.  It looks like it got wet and has started that curling up process.  Not a great thing for holding a coat of paint.  I’d also like to see us carpet the floor in the worship center building with the same stuff we used in the retreat center.  Hey, it could happen.

Mom had another, shall we say, active night last night.  I didn’t count the number of time she was up.  In fact I probably missed a few.  Three or four times I didn’t wake up until Chris was already getting back into bed.  Just like last time she was on the move, there wasn’t really anything in particular.  She usually ended up in the bathroom (with Chris direction) and then went on back to bed.  There were no runs like the other night when Chris looked all over the house for her, only to find her in her own bedroom standing with her back up against the closet.  Chris asked if she was all right and Mom said she was just heading to bed.  And once, Chris woke with a start because she was dreaming about someone chasing her and breathing heavily.  As she opened her eyes, there stood Mom at the foot of the bed, breathing heavily.  She had missed the door to the bathroom and was in search mode.  None of those particularly exciting moments last night.  Just a lot of “normal” ones.  Hope we can work in a naptime for Chris today.  But we also have to keep Mom awake as much as we can so she’ll rediscover nighttime sleeping. 

Psalms 25:4-5 says, “Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.”

Father, thank you for the relationship Chris has with Mom.  Amen.

No comments: