Thursday, December 31, 2009

December 31 – “Good Night 2009”

 

Chris' mom and dad were supposed to come over for lunch today.  Didn't happen..  We got a call first thing this morning that her mom had not had a good night.  They were going to go into the hospital in Bay City for the scheduled blood transfusion, but they decided not to try to come.  Later on we got another call that they were refusing to do the transfusion because her blood pressure was 50 over 30.  Even a medical illiterate like me knows that's way too low.  They were giving them a bit of a hard time, so her dad called to see what they should do.  Chris was in a dilemma.  She really felt like she should be there.  But yet she really wanted to be here, too, with all her grandkids.  She seemed to be getting flustered, so I went with her into our bedroom and talked awhile.  She finally calmed down and I encouraged her to go on.  The kids would be fine.  They would understand.  So she headed on to Bay City.

 

They finally talked to her mom's cancer doctor in Houston, who told them to go ahead with the transfusion to see if that would help..  After two units, the blood pressure still wasn't stabilizing, so they wanted to admit her.  Not going to happen.  They really don't like the hospital in Bay City.    So they were determined that any admitting would be done by St. Luke's in Houston.  They called for the transfer to an ICU bed at St Luke's, and by 5:00 had still not been cleared for transport.  There were no available beds at St. Luke's.  Chris was still in control, though.  Her plans were to come on home whenever the ambulance arrived.  I hope so.

 

It was nice to have everybody over again today.  We had a brisket, and the girls took over in the kitchen.  I told them daughters were awesome.  Not that I have any experience in that category.  But they did a great job. 

 

We left for Kel and Christina's for a play date and for a pizza supper.  Actually, they left.  Everybody's gone right now but me.  I'll leave as soon as I finish typing.  It sure is quiet over here.  But I miss those little guys. 

 

Good night, 2009.

 

Malachi 4:5-6 says, "See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the Lord comes. 6 He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse."

 

Father, my heart sure is turned to these children.  Love them with me.  And bring home my wife soon.  Amen.


No comments: