Sunday, December 20, 2009

December 20 – “Ready”

 

Anne's mom sang with praise team and played keyboard.  We knew her from seminary days..  She has a great voice.  Today it was almost operatic.  Kind of blasted our little building.  Wow.  There was a lot of discussion during teaching.  It was on the family, and everyone was in the mood to share family Christmas stories.  The new lady, Cheri, and her daughter Kimm were back today.  Cheri is  very talkative.  Chris and I got to sit across from her when she stayed for dinner on the grounds.  I'm looking forward to meeting the rest of her family again.

 

We set up the room to be ready for the Christmas Eve service before we left.  There was lots of help.  The ones who unstacked the pews were astonished when Chris started calling out for pews by number.  They had no idea that we had numbered the pews to show where they go in setup.   I think it makes it so much easier.  Chris seems to have been won over as well.

 

I have felt pretty good yesterday and today with the new anti-inflammatory medication.  I just get sleepy in the afternoon.  Like right now.  I'll trade that for less pain any day.

 

Chris left for Bay City again a little while ago.  She'll be back tomorrow night if everything goes OK at her Mom's chemo.  Chris told me she's starting to get brain tired with trying to keep up with her Mom's schedule and meds, my mom's schedule and meds, and of course my schedule and meds.  Good thing she doesn't have any meds to for herself to keep up with.

 

I think I'm going to finish up my shopping for dad gifts tomorrow morning.  I'm thinking about going to see a movie in a few minutes.  Avatar.  A guy in the paper today said some things about Eastern religions and such.  I'm hoping for action adventure, myself.  Maybe it'll keep me awake.  It is in 3D, after all.

 

Psalms 4:8 says, "I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety."

 

Father, help me to appreciate the sleep you give.  Whenever it comes.  Amen.


No comments: