Thursday, December 3, 2009

December 3 – “High Tech”

 

We got to see Cailyn for awhile today.  She came over with her parents.  They had lunch with us – Sonic burgers.  In memory of Ike days.  Then Nathan and April set up the lights outside that look like animals and a tree.  April also devised a grid for poking candy canes into the ground at strictly specified intervals.  The plan was good.  It should have worked.  But they asked me and Nathan to stick the little things into the ground.  We got them in the right general area, but we had them pointing in every direction, and even growing out of the ground at a grotesque angle.  Nathan and I then decided that today would be just the day to organize – the attic.  We wanted all the Christmas stuff to be accessible through the stairs inside the  house.  Makes it a lot easier on those who have to get it down every year.  That meant we had to move the stuff that was already there over to the garage access hole.  It took awhile, but we got it done.  And we have a lot of extra empty space up there now.

 

I spent a big part of today working on home group stuff.  I had to figure out a way to get all the songs available to us to sing again.  I also was hoping to develop a way to make it exportable to other new groups as they start up.  That meant making sure I had all the words to the songs.  I found out we are missing two of the cd's.  I guess they didn't make it through Ike.  Another one was damaged, so I couldn't get it to copy to the computer.  I think it plays in a cd player, though. 

 

I finally learned how to do something today.  It's been a long time.  Since Nathan was here, he taught me how to hook the laptop to the TV and use the TV as a monitor.  I sure hope it works.  I plan to use it tonight at home group.  I have songs on the laptop that I will play from there.  Then I'll click on the words as they are projected on the TV screen.  It worked this afternoon, so if I don't get too confused, we should be very high tech tonight for our worship.  I do have all the instructions written down, so if I can read it should work.  And hopefully Brian will be there, too.  Between him and Eric, if I mess something up, they should be able to fix it.

 

Romans 12:10 says, "Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves."

 

Father, be with  our home group tonight.  Help them find you in something that happens.  Amen.


No comments: