Thursday, December 10, 2009

December 10 – “Technology”

 

Cailyn was supposed to come over today.  Her Daddy was going to clean some swimming pools on his day off from the fire department.  But she never got here.  I guess Daddy decided it was too cold for him.  It was 36 when I got up, but it warmed way up.  Got almost to 50, I think. 

 

I had plenty to do to get ready for home group.  We are going through stages in our use of technology.  Before Ike we had a five disk cd player, and everybody had a notebook with the words to the songs.  All the notebooks swam away, as did the cd player.  When we started back a few weeks ago, we used a little portable cd player I bought so we could have music in the parking lot.  Almost all of the cd's made it through.  The cases were really nasty, though.  We have them in one of those fake leather cases that holds about a hundred.  I chose which cd to play, and ran off the words as we needed them.  It was kind of an unwieldy process.  One of our guys put a lot of the cd's onto one, and then I put them all on the laptop.  Last week we hooked the laptop to the TV as a monitor.  It worked OK, but we had trouble seeing all the words.  The laptop sound wasn't all that great, either.

 

Enter today.  I chose five songs that I like and entered them each into a powerpoint file.  Now we should be able to see the words.  Maybe by our January meeting I'll have a cable to hook the laptop sound into the TV speakers.  Then we can blow out the whole neighborhood.

 

This Sunday evening at Seaside we are doing our unique brand of Christmas caroling.  We stand on the corner near the church and sing.  Last year we ended up with some special guests.  Several dogs.  A few goats.  Some people who saw us singing and pulled over and joined us.   I hear the goats are coming back for a return appearance.  Should be fun.  Six o'clock.

 

Psalms 13:6 says, "I will sing to the Lord, for he has been good to me."

 

Father, wow.  Short and sweet.  I bet you like short and sweet sometimes, too, don't you?  Amen.


No comments: