Tuesday, December 29, 2009

December 29 – “Children’s Children”

 

I didn't sleep much last night.  No pain problems.  I just kept waking up.  I finally got up around 5:30.  I got a lot of work done, though.  I finished the visual verses for this week and next.  When Chris got up, she was in house cleaning mode, so I tried to stay out of the way.  She wants it to be finished by the time Josh and Christi get here.  It helped that I had computer stuff to do.

 

Well, now.  It has been numerous hours since I started.  Josh and Christi made it.  Kel and Christina and their boys and April and Cailyn got here around suppertime.  Nathan was at work.  April said he fought a fire at 18th and K.  That's where my grandmother used to live.  But she didn't live in a two story house, so it must have been the one across the street.  I hope we get an update tomorrow when he gets home.

 

Meanwhile, we had our own balls of fire around here.  Five of them.  The boys who could walk, didn't.  They ran.  And screamed.  And growled.  And laughed.  Loudly.  They were … boys.  They should sleep well tonight.

 

The other little guy who doesn't walk yet and the only girl cousin did their best to keep up, crawling and toddling along.  It had to be frustrating for them.  It certainly was for their parents.  Well, for their moms, anyway.

 

Nani and DadDad were basking in the glory of the moment.  This is what we so hard worked for all those years.  To have a chance to see our boys "get theirs" and have to keep up with their own younguns.

 

Proverbs 20:7 says, "The righteous man leads a blameless life; blessed are his children after him."

 

Father, I want my children and their children to be blessed.  Show me how to be righteous.  Amen.

 


No comments: