Tuesday, December 1, 2009

December 1 – “Twinkle Tongues”

 

I spent most of the day sitting at my computer.  I worked on the sermon most of the day, and I am really tight and sore.  Actually, I think that problem has something to do with that pain attack yesterday.  Ever since then I have not felt right.  I feel like I want to go run, but every time I move there is a pain somewhere.  I think I just need to go take a run.  I know.  I'll go with Mom when she walks her two houses down and back.  I hope I can beat her.

 

We did go to WalMart  this afternoon to get a movie.  It has a clip I want to play Sunday morning to illustrate the sermon.  It's that new Star Trek movie with the young guys versions of Spock and Kirk and the gang.  That was a weird one to watch when it came out.  The actors made it eerie.  They had the same characteristics as the original guys.

 

We also got clips to hang up our outside lights, but it is cold and wet.  Chris tried to get Nathan to come help us earlier, but he wasn't interested in the rain idea.  It's supposed to snow in Houston on Friday.  Jachin's birthday party is scheduled for Saturday at a park.  Outdoors.  One good thing, though.  His theme is Star Wars on that planet of nothing but ice.

 

Chris and I are going to the University of Houston choir concert tonight.  Houston and Ashley from church are singing.  They are really a couple of twinkle tongues when it comes to singing.  I hope it's music we can understand and not that high church, opera sounding stuff they used to sing at seminary chapel.  Maybe it'll be Christmas songs.

 

Hey, Tech support guys.  I lost the wireless connection between my laptop and my DSL.  I have no idea what to do.  I have reinstalled everything onto both computers, but it still says it can't find any networks.  I stumbled on one screen that listed eight networks, though, including the one I created for this connection.  But to no avail.  Any help would be appreciated.

 

Jude 1-2 says, "To those who have been called, who are loved by God the Father and kept by Jesus Christ: 2 Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance."

 

Father, I could use some of all of those right now.  You always know.  Amen.


No comments: