Wednesday, December 23, 2009

December 23 – “Late”

 

It's really late.  Well, it's just 10:30, but I'm usually done with the blog long before now.  It's just that today has been a strange day for me.  Chris left for Bay City early this morning, so I had the day to try to finish up as much of our Christmas shopping as I could.  And that was a tall order.  I am not very good at doing the "real" shopping on my own.  I like to do the fun stuff – hence the Dad gifts – but Chris always has just the right thing in mind. 

 

I went to Galveston Target first and found a few things.  And that's where I sent my first text to Chris.  She sent me back a great idea to follow up on, so I headed over to Randall's, of all places.  On the way one of my hearing aid batteries went out, so I trolled Randall's in silence.  The great idea was sold out.  So I headed back by the house to get a new battery before I started for Texas.

 

I went to Lifeway by Baybrook Mall.  They had a few things, but the main items I went to that specific store to get … they didn't have.  None of them.  Another text.  And a phone call.  And a quick trip to the Target down the street.  Texting began in earnest to Chris, Christina, Kel, Nathan – anyone out there who was listening.  At one point I got three responses at the same time.  Scared me to death.  I bought some things and didn't buy others.  All will be pending Chris' approval, of course.

 

When I got home I did something I haven't done in awhile..  I actually got in bed and tried to sleep.  Now, don't get me wrong.  I have slept in the afternoon before, just not usually on purpose.  I dozed a little before Kel called and invite me for supper and to have some human companionship.  The corn dogs were great, and I can't wait to see the finished result of the cinnamon Christmas ornaments Christina and Micah made.

 

I left there to make a quick trip out to Jamaica Beach for an open house.  I went by the house to get the address.  It was hard to go because Chris drove up just as I was leaving.  She stayed home to crash from another typically stressful day.  When I got home we watched a bad girlie movie – Bride Wars.  That's when I remembered I hadn't written anything yet.  So how'd I do?

 

Psalms 32:8 says, "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you."

 

Father, help me be a better student when you teach.  Amen.


No comments: