Sunday, December 27, 2009

December 27 – “A Family Thing”

 

Ah, for more days of quiet and peace.  Today was one of them. 

 

Mom slept in this morning, so Chris waited for her to wake up before coming to church.  Mom was exhausted from her vacation with my brothers in Houston.  I think it was mainly that her routine was disrupted.  She didn't look as tired when she and Chris got to the church. 

 

The church gathering this morning was very small and all "home folks."  At one point just as the service was beginning, everybody decided on their own to all move closer together and sit in the same section.  No one asked them to.  It was just a "family thing" as one guy said.

 

After church I was delegated the job of going to Sonic to pick up lunch.  It took longer than it ever has to get our food.  They messed up a few things in the order, too, but nothing that too bad.  I took it on home so we could eat.

 

Chris had to go to her Mom's again this evening.  She had a little time to work on the quilt she's making.  While she did, I turned on Spiderman 2 and took a nap.  Chris said I should give in and embrace this needing a nap in the afternoon.  I have to admit, I did feel a lot better when I woke up.  And I even got  to see the end of the movie.  I thought about going to another movie, but decided to stick around Mom tonight and help her with her eye drop medications. 

 

Chris was still talking this morning about how it just wasn't right that we didn't do Christmas stuff on Christmas.  She loved the movie, but we didn't exchange any gifts at all.  Not until everybody is here Wednesday.  She missed that a lot.  I don't imagine we'll do this again. 

 

Colossians 1:9-12 says, "For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. 10 And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, 11 being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully 12 giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light."

 

Father, I'd like to have someone praying for me like that.  Help me to pray like that for my sons and grandchildren.  Amen.


No comments: