Monday, December 28, 2009

December 28 – “Early Start”

 

Woah.  Talk about an early start.  This was one of those days when Chris was not here.  That means I usually wake up early.  I did.  Several times.  2:30.  4:15.  5:45.  That was close enough.  I got up and even remembered to let the dogs out and feed them.  I also put some clothes in the washing machine.  Makes me sound good, doesn't it?  Actually, I'm wearing my last pair of clean underwear.  Necessity requires action.

 

I was determined to get as much work done today as I could.  Josh and Christi and their boys will be here tomorrow sometime and I just want to play with them.  Oh, yeah, and talk to Josh and Christi, too.  I did pretty well.  I finished one sermon and got started on the next one.  I typed up a renewal of vows service for this Sunday afternoon.  I still have to cut it out and punch holes so it fits into my wedding book.  I finally finished the visual verses for this Sunday.  It's a really long one.  I want to show everyone how the visual stream can go on for as much paper as you have available.  I wrote out the announcements for Sunday.  I researched and selected a movie clip.  Had to call Kel to borrow the movie, though.  He's supposed to bring it Wednesday when they come over for Christmas.  I took Mom to Golden Corral for lunch, and we made a quick run to the post office to mail our Christmas letters. 

 

I did rest for awhile this afternoon.  I put my feet up and turned on a movie.  I was just beginning to doze when Nathan and April and Cailyn came by.  They wanted to use the computer, and Nathan wanted to test out the divinity Chris just made.  He was ready to take the whole bag.  He even let Cailyn taste some.  She loved it.

 

Chris got home just before dark.  She said it was another long day.  I'm glad she feels like this is her calling as a daughter, a nurse and a Christian.  Knowing that energizes her and helps me stay OK with it all.  God is using her in amazing ways with her family.

 

1 Corinthians 10:23-24 says, "'Everything is permissible'-but not everything is beneficial. 'Everything is permissible'-but not everything is constructive. 24 Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others."

 

Father, keep Chris tightly in your hand.  Amen.


No comments: