Saturday, May 9, 2009

May 9 – “Electric tooth buzz”

 

Mother's Day began early for Mom today.  My older brother and his wife came and got her for lunch and a chance to spend the day with them.  Meanwhile, Chris and I headed for the church to get it cleaned up before the AA group arrived.  Actually, we had to get it done by 1:30, because we agreed to babysit with Jachin and Micah for awhile while their parents went to a meeting.  Chris set right in on cleaning, and I went back to check out the new washing machine hookup.  Some guys from Pennsylvania came down this week and spent one of their days running the lines for us.  Now we just have to get the inspector over to approve everything, and we can close in the walls and put up a door.  Just in time for summer and possibly hosting mission trip groups.

 

Speaking of mission trips, I got another call from a group wanting to come do hurricane cleanup this summer.  I'm really at a loss as to what to tell them.  We're building stuff now. 

 

It was fun to hang out with the boys.  Micah was asleep when we got there, and Jachin was under orders to rest as well.  So I volunteered to take a nap with him.  Tough job, but somebody had to do it.  When I woke up, both boys were building all kinds of Legos stuff with Chris.  I had time to join them, though. 

 

Have you seen that commercial where a girl and her little brother are brushing their teeth?  She's using one of those new-fangled electric toothbrushes.  It is made in the shape of a little circle.  Instead of moving back and forth or up and down, it spins around and around.  She has taken it out of her mouth and toothpaste has spattered the little brother all over the face.  While a funny sight gag, the commercial is not very believable.  How many little brothers would just stand there and not scream bloody murder?  Certainly not mine.  And I'm sure I would have tuned up myself.  Anyway, someone donated one of those to us after the storm.  I have never had an electric toothbrush, so I appropriated it.  It feels really strange using it.  Kind of like I'm at the dentist's office on purpose.  I guess it works.  I can't be sure that it really keeps spinning when it touches my teeth, though.  It does keep buzzing.  Kind of like strapping your head into one of those vibrator chairs and turning it on high.  Woo Hoo.

 

Psalms 20:1-5 says, "May the Lord answer you when you are in distress; may the name of the God of Jacob protect you. 2 May he send you help from the sanctuary and grant you support from Zion.  3 May he remember all your sacrifices and accept your burnt offerings.  4 May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.  5 We will shout for joy when you are victorious and will lift up our banners in the name of our God.  May the Lord grant all your requests."

 

Father, I can't imagine you granting all my requests.  Most of them are for stupid stuff.  Instead, please grant what you think I need.  I'll get over the other things.  Amen.


No comments: