Sunday, May 17, 2009

May 17 – “As long as it’s interim”

 

Today was dinner on the grounds after church.  Always good food.  Especially Chris' bean soup.  We even had fudgesickles today.  Is that how you spell fudgsickles?  Neither one of those ways passed the spell check test, so I'll try again … fudgesikles. Fudge … OK.  I cheated.  I went to dictionary.com.  And to thesaurus.com.  And then I ran it through my Goodsearch search engine.  Nobody knows how to spell it.  The closest thing I found was some brand of men's dress shoes.  No way they taste as good as what I had at lunch today.

 

We did swing by the house after we ate.  Some girls from church followed us over there to take a look.  No change.  The trim looks great.  The one wall looks unfinished.  The whole house still smells strongly of … well, paint. 

 

After the Astros beat the Cubs (WooHoo!), I started reading through the student/parent/teacher handbook for Seaside Christian Academy.  It's still a work in progress.  I knew that before I picked it up.  But I was sucked in anyway.  The rest of the afternoon and most of the night I spent reading and scratching out and moving words around and typing.  Why?  All this is going to get me is another invitation to be the interim headmaster.  I guess I could do that, but there's another guy who really needs a job right now.  I think he should get first shot at it.  Maybe if he doesn't pan out.  As long as it's interim.  We'll see.  I don't know if what I did will even help any.  But it sure ate up my day. 

 

I guess in a way that's good.  We were supposed to babysit Cailyn while Nathan and April went out for their anniversary.  Turns out her other grandmother got the call this time.  That leaves me turning to Psalms for a good Scripture passage.  Plenty in there.  Let's see …

 

Psalms 28:6-7 says, "Praise be to the Lord, for he has heard my cry for mercy.  7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.  My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song."

 

Father, give me some guidance about the SCA thing.  Give US some guidance.  We want the kids to have your best.  Amen.


No comments: