Sunday, May 24, 2009

May 24 – “Early Call”

 

Today started a bit earlier than usual.  I got a call around 12:30 a.m.  One of the ladies who has come to Seaside was being life-flighted to Hermann Hospital in Houston.  Didn't look good for her.  One of our elders and his wife were taking the husband up in their car.  The couple went to the home group they hosted.  They told me to wait for their call.  Sure enough, about an hour later they called back.  The lady died on the way to the hospital.  The elder and his wife stayed with the husband pretty much all night and all day today.  They were taking him to the funeral home to make arrangements.  They said they would keep me informed as they found out more. 

 

It's great to have folks who can do ministry.  It allowed me to get ready for church today.  I did have a hard time getting back to sleep.  I think it was almost four.  And I woke up again a little before six, so I just got up.  Church was awesome.  We had a packed house.  People from New York and Missouri and Granbury.  One lady was back who moved to Huntsville awhile back.  She is an amazing lady.  Except she said I should consider becoming the headmaster of Seaside Christian Academy and let the church find another pastor.  I think I may  be too old to start a new career.  Anyway, the people were really into the singing and the teaching.  They were not afraid to speak up and share what  they thought. 

 

This afternoon was kind of a blur.  I was so tired I could barely keep my eyes open, but so keyed up I couldn't fall asleep.  I finally did some work on the computer and paid some bills while listening to the Astros game.  They lost again. 

 

About six we decided to go to the WalMart in LaMarque to get some groceries.  Traffic was so crazy in Galveston this afternoon that we didn't want to go back into town.  Tomorrow our kids are coming over for some burgers.  We had hoped to spend Memorial Day in our "new" Sycamore house.  As of now we are still not sure when we'll get back in.  But we do know God is at work all around us.  That's enough.

 

Philippians 2:13 says, "… it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose."

 

Father, thanks for showing me you are at work all around.  Again.  It is enough.  Amen.


No comments: