Tuesday, May 12, 2009

May 12 – “Light fixtures … again”

 

Back to Lowe's today.  Chris changed her mind about some of the light fixtures.  That meant taking some back and choosing new ones.  That could take all day.  But Mom went with us, so it really didn't take all that long.  We also had to get the handicap bars for the bathtub and the under cabinet lights for the kitchen.  Chris has done so amazing at staying ahead of the curve on buying stuff.  Now that the pressure is on, she is really in high gear.  The painter should be there tomorrow, and right after he finishes everything breaks loose.  Thursday the cabinet guys finish their trim.  Next week the electricians and AC guys and plumber all descend to finish up their stuff.  Somewhere in there the floor guy sands and finishes the wood floors and lays all the tile floors and does the backsplash.  Then we move back home.  Sounds weird even saying that.

 

After Luby's Chris dropped me off at the house while she and Mom went trolling for pots to put African Violets in – Target, Home Depot.  They didn't find anything.  While they were gone I began the process of cleaning the tools I have had soaking in the back yard.  Not just my tools, but my Dad's and my next door neighbor's all ended up in my buckets as well.  I just got into one bucket today, and it was dirty work.  My fingernails look like Dennis Allen's after a day at the mechanic's shop.  Craftsman tools really are the best, but I have about ten ratchet wrenches from all different makers.  This is going to take awhile.

 

On the way back to Omega Bay I realized that I left my phone in Galveston.  We took Mom on, I took a shower to kill the smell of diesel, and we headed back to town.  See, we realized that we hadn't bought all the light fixtures we need after all.  I forgot the attic lights.  And Chris told me there was one in the garage, too.  Oh, and also two in the hall instead of the one that used to be there.  And since there are two, they need to complement the ones we got for the office.  So we went back to Home Depot.  And then to McCoys.  I think we are finished.  Again.

 

Psalms 27:4 says, "One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple."

 

Father, it seems like every time we think we are done, something else comes up.  Please give us an end.  Gently.  Amen.

 


No comments: