Friday, May 8, 2009

May 8 – “Bushes”

 

Chris is very happy today.  This morning we decided to finish as much of the last bit of house shopping we still needed to do.  That meant a trip to the mall.  Not something I am ever excited about.  But at least one stop would be Sears.  I figured I could look at the tools.  We got to Sears about five minutes before they opened, so we had to hang out with the mall walkers.  Not that we walked at all.  But when they finally opened the doors, we headed toward the escalator.  And being the great husband that I am, I steered us directly past the women's shoe department.  Sure enough, we made that our first stop, and Chris found some shoes she could wear.  From there we went to the appliance department.  In record time we selected and paid for a garbage disposal.  On the way back down the escalator Chris mentioned that she had seen a skirt advertised that she would like to see.  Being the gentleman that I am, I volunteered to take our purchases to the car while she looked for the skirt.  Now, when I came back into the store I had a hard time finding her.  I ended up making a lap around the entire store looking for her.  And that lap just happened to take me right through the middle of the tools.  I saw a great workbench that I could sure use if we ever get into our garage.  I remembered to mention it to Chris when I was bemoaning my efforts to locate her. 

 

We went to Penney's next for a set of pots and pans they had on sale.  We looked at the bar stools they had, but none of them would work for us.  Next on the list was Pet's Mart for a dog door that fit in a storm door.  I couldn't believe it, but they actually had one made for storm doors.  OK, Fritz and Heidi, you are set.  Or you will be as soon as I get it installed.  And we get into the house.

 

On the way home we decided to stop at Lowe's to see if they had black bathroom stuff, like toilet paper holders and towel bars, for Mom's bathroom.  We found what we needed as well as some chrome ones for our bathroom.  Then on the way out we bought some bushes Chris has had her eye on for the front yard. 

 

After stopping for lunch at Omega Bay, we gathered up Mom and headed for Galveston.  Now Chris was in her element – yard work.  We planted the bushes and even moved one from a pot in the back yard to the flower bed.  I ended up taking a phone call, and Chris watered her new pride and joy.  It is so good to see her happy.  The only new news on the house was the bill that was stuck in the front door for the flat roof.  It was a lot more than we expected, but it is good to have that behind us.  Now we just need the windstorm certificate so our insurance will be good.

 

Psalms 18:46 says, "The Lord lives! Praise be to my Rock!  Exalted be God my Savior!"

 

Father, I know sometimes it's just time to say, "Praise you."  So, "Praise you!"  Amen.


No comments: