Saturday, May 16, 2009

May 16 – “Horses die too easily”

 

This morning began really early.  Well, I got up around my usual time, but the alarm went off about a minute later – around 6:30.  And then Chris had to get up, too.  Not her favorite thing to do at any time, but especially when it's still dark outside.  I enjoyed the sunrise when I went out to get the paper.  It was gorgeous. 

 

But on to the reason for such an early rising.  Chris promised Christina she would help her with a garage sale.  And those things start way too early for a Saturday.  She had a lot of stuff, but most of it she had already priced, so the hard part was done.  All we had to do was help carry it outside. 

 

After awhile we went out to clean the church.  I enjoyed talking to the guy who was working on the roof.  Slow and steady.  It's almost done. 

 

After lunch we watched the Astros game.  Well, I woke up in plenty of time to see the ninth inning.  Exciting.  Down 4-0.  Berkman hits a towering home run.  Lee hits a towering home run.  Before the smoke clears the score is tied.  Of course, the Astros lost in the bottom of the ninth, but it was fun for a few minutes. 

 

We went to a reception honoring a girl who just graduated as a vet.  Her Dad is a good friend of mine.  I was her brother's basketball coach for several years.  They both went to youth camp with Seaside.  Good for her.  She wants to specialize in pigs and cows.  She likes horses, but she says horses die too easily. 

 

We also went by the house.  The painters have finished priming everything.  They painted the ceilings.  They also painted all the trim with the bright white that Chris selected.  The one wavy wall they are redoing to give it a smoother look appears to have been done as well.  But it still needs to be re-textured before they can paint it.  I wonder if they are planning to work tomorrow as well.  I don't see how the floor guys can start Monday.  I don't see how the dishwasher can be hooked up to the same outlet as the garbage disposal if the disposal is to be regulated by a switch.  How is it going to be live without turning on the switch?  Another question for the contractor.

 

Psalms 25:4-7 says, "Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; 5 guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.  6 Remember, O Lord, your great mercy and love, for they are from of old. 7 Remember not the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways; according to your love remember me, for you are good, O Lord."

 

Father, your ways are way beyond me.  I trust you.  Amen.


No comments: