Thursday, May 21, 2009

May 21 – “Frenzy”

 

I taught at Seaside Christian Academy today.  The kids were great again, and they were counting down the minutes until school's out.  We actually got all the way down to the life of Joseph.  It's going to be a challenge to finish Genesis in one week.  But they have seen a movie about Joseph, so maybe they can help me out. 

 

I got a text from Chris as I left the church.  She said my eyes were needed.  The tile guy brought some new samples of tile for the accent piece of the backsplash in the kitchen.  She said she kind of liked it, but April was also going to come by and share her opinion.  I beat her there.  And I liked it right away.  It breaks up the stone look.  Nathan even beat April there.  And he was at work.  They actually drove by in the fire truck and let him take a look at the tile.  He loved it.  April finally did get there.  I was in the back yard cleaning tools.  I assume she liked it, too, but they had already been inside when I saw them.  And when I saw them, all I saw was Cailyn … of course.  The little nipper had just taken a four hour nap.  I was jealous.

 

There was a non-stop frenzy of workers around the house all day.  Yowzers.  The painters were back.  They were finishing up second coats in all the rooms and touching up everywhere.  They also started staining the doors and taping the inside part of the windows so they could be stained as well.  The floor guys were also there.  They had been given clearance to tile the bathtub and shower walls and the floors in both bathrooms.  They actually sent two crews, so that doubled the number of people who would normally be there.  And when we "officially" approved the backsplash, they started working on that as well.  Sounds like when we get back tomorrow, or soon after, we'll have floors and stuff in our bathrooms.  I guess they'll still have to put in the grout tomorrow and let it all dry before we can get toilets.  That'll be a milestone, wouldn't you say?  They told us there would come a time when it would seem like everything is happening at once.  Today was that day.  I hope it keeps happening.  Our appliances are scheduled to be delivered next Thursday.  I really don't want to delay them another week.  I've already done that six or eight times.  Our contractor is trying to get us a better price than Sears on the installation, though.  We're supposed to be able to cancel any time we need to.  Whew.

 

Mark 4:39 says, "He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, 'Quiet! Be still!' Then the wind died down and it was completely calm."

 

Father, most of the time I ache for your calm.  But keep up the frenzy at the house, OK?


No comments: