Monday, May 18, 2009

May 18 – “Powder Blue, Burma Jade, and Peace Yellow”

 

I started out early today.  Right after reading the papers I sat back at the computer and began working on the handbook for Seaside Christian Academy.  Most of the culling was done, so the rest was mainly redoing fonts and spacing and a little bit of rewording here and there.  I wrote a letter from the pastor to go in the front, and copied the logo to go on the cover.  Now I guess I'll hand it over to the school board so they can peruse it and find all the stuff they want to change. 

 

We left about mid-morning to take Mom to her friend's house.  A classmate from her high school days was visiting from Arkansas.  The three of them plan to have a big slumber party for a few nights.  Mom is staying there until after a luncheon on Wednesday.  They'll have a blast, too.  The Arkansas friend is hilarious.  She calls herself Grandma Texas.  She even has that moniker emblazoned on her car – front and back.

 

We went by the house several times to check on the painting progress.  They had the yellow bedroom done (first coat), but that seemed to be all.  The head guy said he was waiting for colors from the contractor.  But we gave the contractor the colors two weeks ago.  The plumber was there the second time we went by.  He was installing the shower bed that goes under the tile.  That means we're that much closer to getting the tile in.  That one wall still needs to dry some more and be sanded and textured and painted, though. 

 

Mom and her pals came over to look around, and as they were leaving, Nathan and April and Cailyn showed up.  We ended up going to McAllister's with Nathan and April.  While we were eating the contractor called.  He wanted us to go by the house around 5:30 to check out one of the doors they were going to stain.  If we approved they would carry on.  Chris is heading to Bay City to take her Mom to her next chemo treatment, so that means I get to approve something that is kind of like a color choice.  As long as it's a little darker than the floors are going to be, I think Chris will be fine with it.  She's focused on a color for the outside of the house right now, anyway.  Can't decide between Powder Blue, Burma Jade (I think that's another way of saying green), and Peace Yellow.  I picked the blue, but we'll see how much weight that carries.

 

Psalms 46:10 says, "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

 

Father, teach me how to be still.  Amen.


No comments: