Thursday, May 7, 2009

May 7 – “Carving out a fence line”

 

Chris made her Bay City run today.  Her Dad had an appointment this time.  She should be back tonight, though.  Meanwhile, I took Mom to her hairdresser appointment on my way to teach at Seaside Christian Academy.  The kids seemed to be really into the stories today.  It kind of surprised me, since school is out in just a few weeks.  I expected them to be off the wall.  Speaking of the wall, they were working on the church roof today.  It is going to look really different with white shingles.  And it does blend in well with the new building.  Now we need to get the outside painting finished.  We also need to finish the trim work on the bathrooms so they don't look shabby.  Both toilets are in (woo hoo!  Thanks Mike and Keith), but we still need to replace the ceiling tiles in one room and decide what to do about the old decorative trim. 

 

This Sunday is Mother's Day, and we are having a baptism.  Of a mother.  One of our sweet ladies asked to be baptized, and her family is coming to witness it.  I'm always up for a baptism.  They can't help but show that God is on the move.

 

After school I picked up Mom and we met Nathan and April and Cailyn over at Kel's house.  They were babysitting the boys.  We stopped off and bought some Sonic special burgers and chili dogs and cherry limeade slushes.  Quite the unexpected treat to be able to see all three grandkids at once.

 

While the boys were "taking a nap" (sure.), I went back over to the house to do some work on the neighbor's backyard.  It took a few hours, and it was really hot, but I finally managed to carve out a few feet of clear space along our fence line.  It's going to take me a long time to get through the whole back yard.  Hey.  Maybe we'll be living in the house by that time.

 

Speaking of the house, the contractor called to get some information from me.  I said I would email it when I got home.  He said if the doors really did come in today like they were supposed to, the carpenter guys would come in Monday and get them in, as well as the other cabinets.  Then Wednesday the painter is scheduled to begin.  He actually sounded a bit excited again.  I opened my email when we got back to Omega Bay.  There was one from the cabinet guys who are now the countertop guys.  He said he tried to call yesterday (that would no doubt be when my phone died in my pocket.  Chris couldn't get me either).  The countertops will be installed Monday.  The installer will call when he's on his way.  That meant I had to let the contractor know right away so he could decide what to do about those other cabinets.  They need to be in before the countertop can go on them.  I guess they can work on that while the kitchen countertops are installed.  That's some good news to tell Chris when she gets home.

 

Isaiah 52:7 says, "How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, 'Your God reigns!'"

 

Father, thanks for some good news about the house.  And the church.  And life.  Amen.


No comments: