Saturday, May 2, 2009

May 2 – “Work Crew”

 

Chris is still in Mansfield.  She told me last night that her plans for today included playing with Zakary, taking Zakary for a walk, and holding Caleb.   Yes, I'm jealous. 

 

One of the reasons I didn't go was that today was workday at Seaside.  We had some vanities to install in the bathrooms, and we ended up also getting new toilets as well.  The walls in the bathrooms were warping, so we replaced at least some of them.  And Lanny and I took on the rest of the ceiling tile project.  That included all of the kitchen and shower area, two really strange shaped ones in my office, and the bathroom in the nursery.  We got everything done except for the part of the shower area that still needs to be inspected after we get a plumber to finish the washing machine job.  Ned was there to run the speaker cables out of sight.  He also installed a ceiling fan in the nursery along with miscellaneous other helps here and there.  He's amazing.  Eric and Mike each took a bathroom, and when Mike went to get the toilets, Todd took over for him.  Anne and Kelly set up the pews for worship tomorrow.  Cory, Kelly, Allie, Anne, Melissa, Karen, Teri, Matt, and Will all worked outside painting.  Quite a crew!  I had to leave at 3:30 to meet Kel.  There were still a few others around, and Mike was going to come back after an errand with Cindy.  When I left, the toilets were not in.  In fact, Eric was just then installing the faucets in his bathroom.  The pews still needed to be put in their final resting spots.  I swept the sanctuary floor, but it still needed to be mopped.  The office was a shambles, with ceiling tiles and paneling and sawdust everywhere.  The nursery wasn't too bad, except, of course, for no toilet.  I guess I'll get up early and try to finish cleaning in the morning before church.  That's the great thing about having showers now.  I hope it was at least presentable tonight for the AA group.

 

I went with Kel and some guys from his church to the movie Wolverine and then to Gringos for supper.  It's a pretty good movie, and that's from a die hard DC Comics fan.  The story line is good and the special effects are pretty good, too.  I met two guys who came to Gringos with us.  One used to own a comics store, so he was especially excited. 

 

Now I'm going to call Chris and then get some sleep.  Six o'clock comes awfully early.

 

Psalms 5:3 says, "In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation."

 

Father, I know you hear me at night, too.  And in the afternoon.  And that's a good thing for me.  I need you.  Amen.


No comments: