Chris physical therapy appointment was an early one, especially for her (NOT a morning person). She had to be there by 8:15. She did well getting up, though. When 6:30 rolled around, she dragged herself out of bed. Gotta love that woman.
The therapist worked her shoulder over pretty good. Whether Chris can tell it or not, she has come a really long way since the surgery. I did get in my two and a quarter miles. I did get a bit sidetracked, though. I stopped to help another Astros fan in a wheelchair get through a door. He was wearing Astros pajama pants. Way to represent.
I saw something I had to look at least three times before I could truly fathom what it was. As we drove along the seawall, I saw a witch flying on her broom along the sand out by the water. Very gracefully draped long dress topped off with the pointed hat and everything. On my third or fourth stare, I finally made out that the apparition was indeed gliding upon the sand, only on one of those one-wheeled skateboard things that moves on its own. Eerie sight, indeed.
At Walmart (not for bananas. They do sell other things) we ran into not one, but three of our friends from around Galveston. Julie just moved back here after a long hiatus in the mystical northlands beyond Texas. Doug was standing in line at the bank, so we let him be. We did get a quick hug from Charlette, though. Great to see you guys. Hey. What’s a Walmart for if not to connect with friends?
After a brief stop at the house we were back in the car again. Chris was finally getting the teeth cleaning she had to put off last week. I went with her and read a book in the lobby while she was in the back. Well, I may or may not have also snuck in a little nap.
The reason for my accompanying her was more than just enjoying her company, although that is certainly the case. We had a few stops to make on the way home. Academy was first. I had hoped they would have some Astros division champs t-shirts. No luck. In fact I looked online. The only place they were available was MLB.com. $45 was a bit steep for my blood.
From there were stopped at Randall’s. I had a prescription to pick up, and it was, after all, Cheap Chicken Monday. Eight pieces of dark meat for $6.99. Good stuff, too.
Last night we took in another Little League game with Ezra as the star, of course. He laid down a perfect drag bunt for a hit. The good guys won the first game 11-5 and the second one 6-4. Woohoo!
Romans 8:11 says, And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead lives in you, then he who raised Christ from the dead will also bring your mortal bodies to life through his Spirit who lives in you.
Father, be with Julie and Charlette and Doug. Bless them every day. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment