Thursday, September 17, 2026

September 17 - “Into the Fire (department)”


I took off early yesterday. I was finally making some fire department visits again. Chris assured me she would be fine. I should have known then …


I saw several of the guys who have been around a long time. There were some noticeable absences, though. We have had quite a few retirements and resignations lately. The result is, of course, a lot of new faces and a younger department overall. Not a bad thing. 


Back home we ate our steakhouse leftovers for lunch. Then it was quick nap and full workout time for me. All my arm exercises plus a two mile jaunt around the house. Chris has already done her workout, so she headed to her favorite spot on the back porch with a book in hand. Great way to spend an early, hot again afternoon 


We heard some pretty disturbing news the other day. One of the kids who was in the very first youth group I ever led as youth pastor (Langwood Baptist Church) died. H.C. was a special kid who grew into a special friend and fine young man. We’re hoping to make it to the memorial service next Saturday. 


‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭41‬:‭13‬ says, For I am the LORD your God, who holds your right hand, who says to you, “Do not fear, I will help you.”


Father, be with H.C.’s family as they negotiate the tough waters ahead. Amen. 

No comments: