Saturday, September 26, 2026

September 26 - “The Return”


We have returned to the outdoors. Well, in the sense that we walked outside for the first time since before Chris’ surgery. We both agreed that it feels more like a workout when we’re outside than when we walk in circles here at the house. I found myself comparing our route with the route I have at the physical therapy clinic. It was actually kind of fun. 


We did a taste of yard work after lunch. Well, Chris watered all of her outside plants. I did a slight trim of the wisteria bush. I left the boogervilla alone, though. It figured out the way to avoid my desired major trim job. Now it has purple (or maybe it’s pink) blooms. And the trick? It shoots its blooms out at the very top ends of its longest branches. And of course Chris won’t let me chop off any blooms. That’s just not fair. 


I found a really cool show on the History Channel. It tracks the history of totally random things. How did pizza delivery come about? What was it like to have unlimited access to fireworks and BB guns? Why did parents allow kids to play at construction sites unsupervised? (The answer to the “why’s” of all these things is always, “Because the parents did it when they were kids). Great show. Hazardous History with Henry Winkler. Check it out. 


‭‭Exodus‬ ‭33‬:‭14‬ says, And he replied, “My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”


Father, thank you for the cool morning. Sure made a difference walking outside. Amen. 

No comments: