Sunday, September 13, 2026

September 13 - “A new Star”


We joined the multitudes. You know, those many humans who only have Saturdays to mow and edge the lawn. We got started early enough. I did wait until right at eight, there’s olive branch to the neighbors’ weekend peace. 


Unfortunately, the grass was so high … Wait. Can’t say that. It wasn’t primarily “grass.”  It was instead a mass of green weeds. The kind of green weeds that I literally had to mow over twice to get them cut. So the weeds were so high that I had to mow over them twice, forward, then back. Effective but very, very tiring. Then I switched to edging (aka weed eating). The front was not so bad. The back, though, was crazy. I did get it done, though. Even had enough energy to trim the evil boogervilla and the attack-wisteria. And to answer the burning question on all of your minds, yes, Chris did the sweeping. Couldn’t get her to even let me have a turn. She got it done, though. I dutifully operated the dustpan so she wouldn’t have to. 


Once we cooled down from all that heat outside, and after a good lunch, we both tackled our respective exercise programs. Mine was just the arm strengthening. Chris did her hip stuff and walking. I sure hope all this torture will be worth it. 


Last night we headed into Texas to watch a baseball game. Well, it was actually a scrimmage. And no, not the Astros. Ezra was playing in his first ever baseball game. 


Actually it was a scrimmage. Nobody kept score. Ezra started in left field. He made a perfect throw in from the fence to hit his cutoff man. Saved a run. They moved him to second base, and he fielded a grounder and got an out in the lead runner. And he even pitched the last inning. Oh, and at bat he smashed a hard line drive into center field for a single. How’s that for a boy who has never played baseball before (except in the backyard with his brothers). Proud of that kid. That’s my boy!


‭‭Matthew‬ ‭11‬:‭28‬ says, Come to me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.


Father, thanks for watching over those kids on the field. Amen. 

No comments: