Thursday, September 10, 2026

September 10 - “Cleared”


Got my official clearance from the jury pool office. They first said the fact that I have a pre-paid trip planned should be enough, but they would have to check with the judge. In a second email, however, they added that, because I am over 70, I am automatically exempt. All updated with the jury clerk. Solves that Alaska problem. 


Chris had an appointment up in Texas in the morning. This one was her dermatologist. Just a yearly checkup to check on the places he has frozen off and to see if any more have developed. 


What we anticipated would be a fairly short appointment turned into a long one. Long enough that I was able to walk my full two miles. As it turned out the doc did a biopsy on the spot on her cheek that she’s been watching. Now we get to wait another week or so for results. Sigh. 


We had a really special treat last night. Chris made shrimp gumbo. It’s been a long time. It wasn’t the same collection of spices we usually use, but we couldn’t find that one (Mam Papal’s). It was still some good stuff, though. 


‭‭Psalms‬ ‭30‬:‭5‬ ‭says, For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor, a lifetime. Weeping may stay overnight, but there is joy in the morning.


Father, thank you for working out the details so I can be excused from just dirty and go to Alaska without worrying. Amen. 

No comments: